Saturday, June 9, 2012

Birthday Card with Burlap

I had picked up 3 rolls of Burlap from The Pink Plum a few months back and have done NOTHING with it.  I saw a card that had used some and decided to give it a whirl.  It was fun to do and worked up pretty quickly.  I like the dimension and texture it gives the card...turned out sorta cute!



I used My Minds Eye StellaRose for the printed paper and a piece of Kraft cardstock for the card base.  The little tags were die cut  with Papertrey Ink's Tiny Labels and stamped with sentiments from Tiny Labels and Tiny Labels 2 and I used some PTI twine to tied the labels on.  A little edge inking was the only other thing I did.

Here is a closeup of the little tags:



I really liked the blend of roughness (the burlap and twine) and the softness (the little tags and the small print paper).  Cute!

I entered this in the following challenge:

Papertake Weekly Challenge: Anything Goes

Happy Crafting to you!

3 comments:

  1. Love the burlap you used but love those itty bitty tags-so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Especially like the texture of adding the burlap. I ordered some burlap from The Kraft Journal with a voucher I won from one of their challenges &rcvd an email it shipped. Wondering how Distress Ink looks on burlap?
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute and love the tags! Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful project and talents with us at Papertake Weekly, and hope you join us again soon!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!