Monday, June 4, 2012

Flat and Little!

I don't usually do flat and I don't usually do little.  I like buttons and ribbons and lace...and all those things that make sending a card by mail virtually impossible!  Is that why I make cards but keep them?  I probably have a card sitting here for you I never mailed! LOL!

I don't do little either.  I don't like when cards don't fit into envelopes perfectly.  And square cards cost more to send than A2 or more standard sized things.  I'm frugal....why should I pay more to send a square envelope?  Wah, wah, wah.....

It must be the rain here in Atlanta today .... we need it but it makes me cranky!!!

Anyway, here is a little 4x4 card I did with some various stamps....I used a Hero Arts stamp to make the background....inked a piece of paper with some Broken China Distress Ink and then stamped it with the same color ink.  The cute little images are by Penny Black.  I colored with Copics and added a little Glossy Accents to her glass of Lemonade.

I cut the images out and then put them on some foam tape to add a little dimension.

We celebrated Taylor's birthday with a party yesterday and it was also her mother's birthday who happens to be my daughter (are you following that?).
Here are some photos from the day...first the cake and table that my friend Kelly made for us (to match the one from Saturday when we did her photoshoot)...It was absolutely gorgeous....and the inside was four layers and the bottom layer started with a darker pink...and each layer got lighter.  So gorgeous!
And the table:
And a photo of the 2 birthday girls:

 Happy Crafting!

3 comments:

  1. Your card has me thinking of the song itsy bitsy teeeny ... polka dot bikini. Like the smiles of the bday girls.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card- I love the image and it doesn't look flat at all! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love making square cards but usually stick to the 4 x 4 so it will still fit in a regular envelope. Love the birthday table set up-gorgeous and the picture of Amanda and Taylor is precious, both so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!