Friday, June 22, 2012

Expressions of Food

As I mentioned in my post yesterday I love, love, love all types of Creative Expression and if you walk my little Avenue with me you'll see all kinds of different forms!  Yesterday I posted the oh so adorable towels that my friend, Cyndi embroidered for David and Taylor.  Too cute and what fun!  I don't think I ever had anything as nice as that when I was a kid!  I remember I did have a favorite towel as a young teen and once saw my brother walking out of the bathroom with that towel around his waist.  Boy was I mad!  But I digress....

I think food can be a wonderful form of expression.  I like to cook.  I didn't always like to cook but have developed a love of cooking ore making healthful foods....fresh ingredients, pretty colors, wonderful textures....love it!

My tennis teams have some wonderful cooks on it and I'm always scooping up new recipes and ways of doing things.  My good friend, Ann, brought this to our tennis matches on Tuesday night and it was so tasty!  I'm going to share this wonderful recipe here....it sounds so weird but it was a big hit with my family...including a 3 year old, a 2 year old and a 1 year old!

Berry Salad

Rinse and cut a bunch of strawberries:
Don't you love that glass bowl?  I bought that from Southern Living at Home several years back.
Anyway, back to the recipe.  Add some blueberries:
Add some raspberries (you could also throw in some blackberries but those are not my favorites):
And then you make this very weird pasty substance which is 1/4 cup sugar and 1 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar (told you it was weird).
Then you just pour it over the fruit...and refrigerate for a while and it is DELICIOUS!


Five adults and 3 toddlers ate the whole bowl with dinner last night!

Try it, Mikey...you'll like it!

And if you make it...let me know....

Happy Crafting and Happy Cooking!




3 comments:

  1. Would not have thought to add balsamic to a berry mix. Have blueberries & strawberries from garden I can use. Will get some raspberries. Trying to figure out who the 3rd toddler is.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to try it! I can't resist fresh fruit. Or sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Susan, I am licking my lips, all looks so lushious, and the colors blend so wonderfully.
    Happy weekend
    Hugs
    Judie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!