Thursday, June 14, 2012

Taylor Turns One

I had the oh so cute photo of Taylor just getting into her birthday cake that I wanted to scrapbook right away.  When I looked at it and saw the beautiful swirled roses in the frosting I thought how perfect the rose trim would be against it.  So I "whipped" out this layout last night....since the photo was an 8x10 it didn't lend itself to a ton of embellishing.  I like that.  Makes my life as a scrapbooker simpler.  You don't get that need to "fill".  LOL!


I tucked some tulle under the right side of the layout to give it that even more girly feel and since she had such a cute little tutu on in the photo.

Here is that pretty rose trim:


I cut the title out on my silhouette with a handwriting font that I have and then offset it slightly to create a shadow.


Hope you all have a wonderful day and get in a little time for some creativity!

Me?  I need to clean...!

Happy Crafting!

3 comments:

  1. The rose trim looks beautiful with this layout! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet. The pink rose & tulle embellishing is perfect for this. Mailed bday pkg for Taylor and it should be arriving soon.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Susan, This is just awesome. Love it!!

    Judie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!