Monday, June 11, 2012

Washi, Washi, Polyshrink! Washi, Washi, Polyshrink!

I had a dream last night that I was at the airport ready to take an international flight and did not have my passport, camera or Kindle!  Horrors!  It was a regular nightmare! LOL!  Isn't it funny how dreams work?

When I did wake up this morning I started thinking about Polyshrink or Shrinky Dink plastic.  I had bought some several years back and had used it to make some buttons, charms, etc. and thought it would be fun to get it out once again to play with.  So that's exactly what I did!



I used Hero Arts stamps and dies to make the little cupcakes which I colored in with various permanent markers.  I pretty much stamped with StayzOn on one side and then colored on the other.  Heated those babies up with my heat gun to shrink them down. And believe me...they are way cuter than the photo shows!

The white and yellow mat is from a Paper Trey Ink die, the papers are Echo Park, the sentiment is Hero Arts and I used a little PTI ribbon.

I also dragged out the Washi tape I've recently purchased and slapped some of that down.  I love that stuff...so easy to work with and being repositionable makes it just plain fabulous!

I entered this in the Simon Says Stamp and Show...Anything Goes!  (Thanks, Melissa, for the heads up!)

And that's it for today!

Happy Crafting!


4 comments:

  1. Looks like fun. Not played with Polyshrink but interestingly enough I did look at some at Michaels yesterday now that you mention it. Not bought any Washi tape. Challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show is Anything Goes.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so bright and zingy! :) The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susan, great card, wonderful colors. Love it and the details, awesome.

    Judie

    ReplyDelete
  4. too cute- love all of the pink and fun cupcakes! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!