Sunday, June 10, 2012

A Perfect 10!

Sometimes it is just fun to make a card....I mean, really fun!  You may do some different techniques and it may not come out perfectly but each step of the way is FUN! 
That's the story behind this card.  Is it the best card I ever made?   Heck no...probably wouldn't even be in my top 100...but the fun factor was definitely a 10.  A Perfect 10!

I used a Stampendous stamp for the image.  I just think she's cute!

I made the background with Distress Ink after embossing a little flower border across with a Heidi Swapp stamp I had for quite some time I'd never used.

The little girl was colored in with Copics, a little Rock Candy Stickles was added to the flowers and a little Glossy accents to her hair bows.  I used Spellbinder dies to cut the mats and then inked sort of a stencil inside with Distress Ink. The sentiment was embossed before inking, too.

Fun Factor=10.  I love that I used older stamps I had, I love embossing (oh, how I love that!), I love creating backgrounds with inks...and I love a little sparkle to my cards!  FUN!

Happy Crafting!

3 comments:

  1. Definitely a cute image. The sentiment is perfect for the image. I need to use stickles & glossy accents more for the sparkle they provide.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love. love. love this card, great work.

    Judie

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute card! Love that you used your copics :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!