Monday, June 25, 2012

My Continued Love Affair with Hero Arts

There is a new blog out there in Blog Universe called A Blog Named Hero which I've been following lately.  It is perfect for me....a true fan of Hero Arts!  I love seeing all the projects with stamps that I need want.
The latest challenge there is to create a project with the Kissing technique where you basically touch one stamp image to another before you press it onto your paper.  You can add an ink color or you can kiss and remove some ink.  I first learned about kissing in a CKU class several years back (more than 5!) taught by the fabulous Jennifer McGuire.  I loved the technique then and still love it now.
I played around yesterday with some different images I have and decided on this one:
I also used a messy swirl woodblock stamp that unfortunately is no longer available.  I've had this stamp for years...thought about selling it in a consignment sale but something said to me...Keep your Hero Arts Stamps...they are classic!
 I just love, love, love the movement it gave to this stamp!  So happy with that result.  I did it in green, I did it in orange...and then I decided to use blue to simulate a lovely summery day.  I used some Colorbok pigment ink and kissed with the swirl stamp to remove some of the color being careful to wipe of the stamp each time.  And then I used some Zing clear embossing powder to heat set it.

 I added a little white crochet thread to just give it a bit more {oomph}!  (I get tired of saying DIMENSION! HAHA!)
 I really just love the way this turned out!  I may have to keep this one! ;)....my love affair knows no limit....

I'm entering this in the Hero Arts Challenge #6 KISSING as well as the Speedy TV Challenge on Embossing and Made Especially for You.

ADDED 7/1/12:  I also liked this technique for STRETCHING YOUR STAMPS....this allows you to take two stamps and make an entirely new image!

I've added this to Yes, Virginia...How I Stretch My Stamps.

Happy Crafting!

16 comments:

  1. WOWZERS! This is Beautiful! I love how you "kissed" the stamp with the swirly stamp, it really does give it another dimension! Thanks for joining us for Tutorial Time at SpeedyTV this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely a classy card, love the KISS'ing you did on this, the swirls are just perfect and of course you know I adore the colors :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the swirly stamp was one large background stamp at first! I wouldn't have thought of using a smaller stamp multiple times. You learn something every day in stamping blogland. Love the card

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, beautiful and elegant! Thanks for joining us at Tutorial Time on SpeedyTV.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This "kissing" technique has brought new life to my beloved stamps!
    Your card is LOVELY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty in my fav color of blue. Like the kiss technique. Used it with a woodgrain stamp & bird house shaped stamp. Glad you're entering another in the Speedy TV embossing challenge. There's also a challenge at Made Especially for You Heat Emb Ch.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card. I love the colors. Thanks for trying the Tutorial Time on SpeedyTV technique and joining the fun. We hope to see you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card!!! I am so glad you joined us at Tutorial Time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that you used the same stamp numerous times! Great project! Thanks for joining us at Tutorial Time on SpeedyTV.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty. Wonderful image. Thanks for joining TTSTV.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card. Love how circular pattern looks good with the garden image. And you are so right about HA stamps, I am also keeping all of them. Thanks for joining us at A Blog Named Hero.

    ReplyDelete
  12. gorgeous, thanks for sharing at MEFY!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just beautiful ... and I love the twine wrap! Thanks for sharing with us at Made Especially For You!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous! don't you love using older stamps with newer ones? Such a great effect! Thank you for playing with us at A Blog Named Hero

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW WOW WOW WOW

    i Just love this

    Thank you so much for playing along with our challenge!~

    Linda
    A Blog Named Hero

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is lovely!! GREAT kissing technique used here! Thanks for linking up to "How I Stretch My Stamps" Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!