Sunday, June 3, 2012

Party Time!

Yesterday was Taylor's birthday....I used to call her ABG which stood for Adorable Baby Girl...but now that she's a year old her nickname needs to be AGIEAPMOIIHMG...Adorable Gets Into Everything and Puts Most of It In Her Mouth Girl....and that's just too much to write!

My good friend and tennis buddy, Kelly, made this cake for Taylor.  Isn't it gorgeous?  Amanda had seen something like it on a blog and she wanted Kelly to duplicate it. Here is the original photo that we used as our inspiration.


 Isn't our little princess so cute?

I made this shaped card from a design from the Silhouette Store.  It was fast and easy and I love how the Cameo did such a nice job cutting out the letter.
I just used various card stock scraps I had...mostly Bazzill and Core'dinations, some twine and a white signo pen.  Blinge it up just a bit.

Here's another look:


Happy Crafting!

7 comments:

  1. Love the AGIEAPMOIIHMG !! The cake is stunning-- cant remember seeing something so beautiful in a long time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful cake & birthday. Great photos. Especially like the reaching hands for the cake. Is the icing strawberry? Is the inside white or chocolate or what? I'm going to make a new birthday card for Taylor since I still did not find the one I had made.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, buttercream frosting tinted pink. White cake on the inside.

      Delete
  3. Oh Susan, she is adorable and the photos is for sure one you should scrapbook. The cake is amazing! All my best wishes for your princess and thank you for your sweet words on my blog. Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous photo of an adorable little birthday girl. Lovely cake and perfect card...I can see some lovely pages coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute, love the cake but the picture of her with the tutu and birthday hat is too precious! The card you created for her is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable card and that picture/cake is AMAZING! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!