Saturday, June 2, 2012

Happy Birthday, Taylor Aemelia!

Happy Birthday, Taylor Aemelia!

Wow! This past year has flown by...you've grown from being a little 6 plus pound of sweetness to a 1 year old little princess!

You can see a couple of the first pictures of Taylor  HERE.
And here she is at nearly a year old.
Isn't she lovely?  :)

We are having a small family get together tomorrow to celebrate her birthday...which also happens to be her mother's birthday!  And today is her uncle's birthday.  Wow....lots going on!
Anyway, since many of the people at Taylor's party will be adults Amanda wanted some "party favors" that would be useable so she came up with the idea of giving hand sanitizer.  In this day and age you can never have too much of that stuff handy!  (BTW, I try to always use hand sanitizer after touching a menu....I figure that is about the grossest thing around~!  I confess....I'm a germophobe!)
Here is what I came up with....I got some Avery clear (although they aren't really clear) labels and ran them through my printer after designing the label.  Avery gives you a web based design program that is easy to use....I could even rotate my images and text so that my label was vertical.  Cool!

I also did a little gift wrap....cut a few things out with my Silhouette Cameo.  I used Echo Park papers....the roses would probably have done a bit better if the paper wasn't so thick (Echo Park papers are very heavy duty...love them but don't work so well for rolled things).  I did wet them to try to curl the petals but they were still so stiff they just didn't want to cooperate much.  I didn't want to spend a tremendous amount of time on this, either....because you know what happens to gift wrap, right?  Torn off and tossed!  LOL!

Happy Birthday, Taylor Aemelia, Happy Birthday, Jonathan and Happy Birthday Amanda!

And....Happy Crafting to you!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Princess Taylor Amelia. Enjoy the party. Like the hand sanitizer idea & gift wrap.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, I remember last year when NBG was born. She is such a sweetie. I hope you all have a wonderful day tomorrow. Congrats to all the Birthday girls and boy, and may Taylor have a wonderful day. I am sure lots of photos will be take. hugs, Ursula

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the oops on spelling of Taylor's middle name by leaving out the 'e' which makes her name EXTRA special. Have a happy day.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute, love the favors and the picture of her-she is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the favors! Enjoy all the celebrations...big weekend in your family. I am sure the favors will be a big hit! Especially if you get to sit next to Taylor! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!