Monday, June 18, 2012

Do You Remember Rosie?

Do you remember the beloved robot, Rosie, of the Jetsons?  I just googled The Jetsons and saw that the original series was only on from 1962-1963.  I was a VERY SMALL child then so don't go calculating and thinking...hey...that Expression Avenue lady must be ANCIENT because I am not! ;)
Anyway, I loved that cartoon.  George, Jane, Astro, Rosie, Mr. Spacely....
I loved Rosie.  I wanted a Rosie.  I still want a Rosie.

I was my own Rosie over the weekend doing a bit of much needed cleaning but did manage to do the layout I posted yesterday as well as this commissioned card needed for a young boy who is having a birthday soon.

I sort of struggle with boy cards...I think it's because I like lace and butterflies and flowers.  I know you can "masculinize" those things but I do struggle with that.  Anyway, I was thinking about little boys and what they like and I thought of my need for a Rosie and VOILA...I decided to do a robot card.

 OK, he's not Rosie but he is cute!  I got the design for the robot and the Happy Birthday from the Silhouette Store and cut them with my Cameo.  Added a few googly eyes and some brads....probably could have dressed him up a bit more but this card will be opened and then it will ON TO THE GIFT and the card will be discarded! LOL!
The papers are Echo Park This and That which are definitely BOY papers.  I added some Washi tape, an edge cut with a zig zag Papertrey Ink die I have.  The pennant is from a Hampton Arts stamp set, the "smile" word inside is from Lawn Fawn and there is a bit of a chevron stamp that I actually almost totally covered up because it was too distracting for me that peeks out on the sides and is also Lawn Fawn. 

I do love that it is so easy to create a shadow with the Silhouette software....you can easily offset your shape and create a perfect shadow for any design you have.  Easy Peasy.

Well, I hope some of you can remember Rosie....and some of you will remember the theme song:

"Here's George Jetson....His boy Elroy, Daughter Judy....Jane, his wife"! 

Loved that show.....

...but last night I watched the vampire show Trueblood.  So different from sweet Rosie....

:)

Happy Crafting!

5 comments:

  1. Like the pattern papers you used. Especially like the googly/wiggly eyes on the springs. Liked the Jetsons show also when younger. Watched a new show that started last wk named Longmire that is about a Sheriff of a small town in Wyoming and Lou Diamond Phillips is in the show.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wyoming is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I struggle with the masculine card too and just bought a new set to try to get some made. Love your card, the robot is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. first you had me at Rosie, then you had me at googlie eyes, but popped out googlie eyes?!?!?!? well that is just superb!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan, Such a super cute card. Wonderful googlie eves Wonderful work.

    Happy crafting

    Judie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!