Sunday, April 24, 2011

Cupcake Toppers

For our Easter dinner I made some carrot cake cupcakes (carrot cake is a favorite of mine!) and I couldn't find my cookie press machine to ice them so that they'd be cute! Where is that thing???  Anyway, I just iced the cupcakes with a spatula thingy and they just looked so darned ordinary!  Well, we can't just have ordinary, can we?  So...I whipped out these cute little bunny toppers with an image from my Doodlecharms Cricut cartridge...cut out the bunny head and a shadow...glued them onto a toothpick and voila(!)...Not Your Ordinary Cupcakes!  You can't see from this photo but the Cricut actually cuts little marks for the whiskers, the eyes and the nose. 
So...now I don't know which I liked best...the carrot cake, the toppers or the to die for cream cheese icing???
(It could be the icing!)
Oh...and for the purist...well, they really aren't "cupcakes"...they are really more like "oval cakes".  My daughter had a cake tin that made egg shaped cupcakes or cakes so that's what we used!  Cute!

2 comments:

  1. I'd probably like the icing the best, too, but I'd also like to sit a while and just admire these cupcakes. Very creative--from the topper to the oval shape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nothing you make is ordinary, like the creativity of your Easter dessert, did not know about the Doodlecharms bunny and the cut markings for whiskers, etc.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!