Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Stampin' Up

When I first started scrapbooking I stayed far away from rubber stamps! I thought they were just too messy to deal with...didn't like all that ink and generally I made a huge mess whenever I did try to do any stamping!  A friend dragged me kicking and screaming to a Stampin' Up party about 10 years ago and yes, I'll confess, "My name is Susan and I'm addicted to stamping!"  I love stamps...wood mounted, clear acrylic, rubber cling...you name it and I have it! 
I recently sold several wood mounted Stampin' Up sets in a consignment sale.  I had mostly wood mounted Stampin' Up sets and they do tend to take up a lot of room.  There are some ways you can remove the stamps from the wood mounts and turn them into cling stamps but that just seemed to be way too much trouble for moi.  So out with the old and in with the new!
I came across this card I made some time ago and kept in my "collection" (I have a hard time parting with cards so I generally make more than one so that I can keep a version for myself!).

I loved this card when I made it...It was made with an old set I had that is most likely retired as I couldn't find it in the current Stampin' Up catalog.  I just stamped the images with various colored inks and cut out them out with nice small detail scissors...my favorites are EK Success EKCB01 Cutter Bee Precision-Cut Scissors. Adhered the images to  navy blue cardstock and tied a little raffia on it for a little extra interest.  I love this card but would probably put some of the flowers on Scotch 1/2" Mounting Tape to pop them up and add a little more dimension.
I had forgotten about this card but saw it in my stash yesterday and thought...gee, I'd like to make a few more of these!
Well, guess what???  I sold that set in a consignment sale! I must have seen it and thought "I'll never use it again!" Ah me.....
If you happen to have this set...HANG ONTO IT!!!  It's a cutie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!