Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Bold Backgrounds: Card 3 (Or How to Make a Mess with Paint!!!)



And here, my friends, we have Card #3 in my How to Make a Mess With Paint and pass it off as an oh so cute and artsy card!  Did I succeed??? :)
Acutally, of course, this is NOT my design...I give all credit to the designers at Archiver's (now THAT would be a fun job, huh?)...I was just taught how to make it.
I liked this card a lot...and it was really pretty simple to make.
We took an A2 kraft cardstock sized card...and then took a mat which was approximately 4" by 5 1/4" of kraft cardstock, as well. We took the poppy colored Paint Dabber and a blue (I believe it was Peacock) Paint Dabber and just stroked it horizontally across the page to create a background "print"...  I LOVE THESE 2 COLORS TOGETHER!  Once it dried we stamped it with a big Hero Arts Stamp called Antique Writing which is shown below:
Hero Arts Antique Writing Repositionable Rubber Cling Stamp By The Each
What a great stamp!  We covered it with the Espresso Paint Dabber and put it face up on the table...our dried (but painted) mat that we had just created and then ran a brayer over it.  I don't know about you but sometimes with larger stamps I don't get good impression over the whole image.  Using the brayer really helped...we didn't use an acrylic block...just the stamp, the paper and a brayer.  Smart technique, I thought!

We also painted about a 2" by 2" inch area with green...waited for it to dry and then stamped it with the large butterfly image on the stamp above...waited for it to dry and then cut it out.  Then we covered it with Rock Candy Crackle Paint:
Distress Crackle Paint 1.1-Ounce Jar-Rock Candy, Clear
(Love that stuff and yeah, I bought some after the class!)
We stamped "Friend" on a small piece of painted cardstock.... stamped the sentiment on some other cardstock...painted a small paper flower...used a few staples from the Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher:

Advantus Tim Holtz Idea-Ology Tiny Attacher, with 100 Tiny Staples
(If you don't have one of these babies...trust me...you NEED one! You can click on the image above to see it at Amazon.com.)
Added a little twine and some bling...and VOILA!...a cute card for a good friend!
I really liked this one...loved how we used the paints to make the background...I think these techniques make you look like you've created something rich and with a lot of work but really it was pretty simple.

2 comments:

  1. I love, love this card the colors are fabulous. I don have The Tim Holtz tiny attacher it does come in handy.
    Have a great day.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bee-utiful job on this. Especially like the Butterflies. Stamp Asylum is having a class using a brayer but you have to bring your own brayer to attend the class. Sure would like to try out a brayer first. I have the handy TH stapler.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!