Monday, June 20, 2011

Cricut Challenge 7: Boy Will be Boys

It sure was great to get in my craft room last night and make something!  I am so far behind on my scrapbooking!  I have so enjoyed making cards recently but know I need to be doing a bit more scrapping, too.  So, this challenge to use the Boys Will be Boys cartridge I thought would be perfect for a little layout of my grandson, David (A.G.).
This is a wonderful cartridge with some really cute boy items...cars, trucks, sports equipment, etc....plus it has a couple of cute fonts.  It also has some really cute word art, too!
Here is my layout:

What is a "cottadoo" you ask?  Why it's a helicopter as said by my nearly 21 month old grandson.  He consistantly calls a helicopter a "cottadoo".  I just love hearing him say it.  I know he thinks he is saying "helicopter" but "cottadoo" is how it comes out.  So I decided to do a layout of a remote controlled "cottadoo" that his daddy was playing with.  On the inaugural flight it got tangled up in some blinds and we all had a good laugh over that.  I have yet to get the photos delivered...will hopefully pick them up in the next couple of days to finish this off.
I cut the helicopter and layers out at about 4 inches and added a few pieces of metal bling:

I used the Spellbinders Eleven labels to make the journaling block.  I ran the red mat through my Cuttlebug with the Circles and Dots embossing folder and added the metal bling to that as well. 

The title was cut out with the Alphabet cartridge that comes pre-installed on the Cricut.  I think this turned out pretty well...and it really didn't take very long to do. 
My next cartridge is the B is for Boys Lite Cartridge and I think I'll make a companion page to this with the same papers.
By the way...the printed papers were by Echo Park (love that paper....it's double sided) and I also used American Crafts and Bazzill cardstock.

Happy Crafting and see you later!

2 comments:

  1. What a cute layout, and I'm sure it will never be called a helicopter in your family again lol memories so sweet.
    Have a great day!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the layout, and I'm sure that it will never be called helicopter in your family again. Memories so sweet. Have a great day.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!