Saturday, June 25, 2011

Cricut Challenge 11: Create a Critter

Since this is my challenge I can change the rules as I go along.  It's good being Queen of your own blog, you know.

I will confess I am cheating a little bit on today's posting.  I've used Create a Critter several times so  I didn't feel the need to make something new just yet.  I just couldn't get motivated to go into my "studio" (doesn't that sound high fallutin'?....btw...what exactly is a "fallutin'"??) today.  I had a tennis match this morning (we lost...boo!) and then ran up to see my daughter, AG and NBG.  They are all doing great by the way.  AG has learned to say "Omie" which is my 'grandma' name.  Did you know that it is possible to say "Omie" 132 times in 60 seconds?  I know because I was there! LOL! That little 21 month old is learning all kinds of new vocabulary and boy is he using it!!! 

And NBG is getting chubbier and chubbier...we meant to have a photo shoot today again but after we went to the mall for a little while this morning we were just all too tired and elected to take naps instead!  But she's doing great and getting bigger and bigger...and starting to look at your face.  She turned 3 weeks yesterday.

So, I confess I didn't make anything new for today but I do have two things to share:  one card I already made with Create a Critter is posted HERE and is another of my favorites.  I bet you didn't know that the postage stamp was on the cartridge...that's what's so fabulous...you find all kinds of goodies with Cricut!

Create a Critter has all kinds of cute images...birds, animals, fish, reptiles...even a dinosaur or two.  It also has lots of cute layers for the images so you get a more "complicated" but visually pleasing figure.  And there is some very cute word art on this cartridge!  It's really a fun cartridge made up of happy little characters!

The other card (picture at the top of this post) was an invitation I did for my grandson's 1st birthday party.  

I used some very old (greater than 5 years!) Making Memories paper and some plain old cardstock and kraft paper I had around.  I used a Fiskar's border punch.  The little horsie was run through my Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dots folder.  Simple but cute for his little western themed party.
Here is a picture of AG on his birthday in his western wear.  Howdy Pahdnuh!  Wow...he'll be 2 in 3 more months!  I guess I'd better be thinking of an invitation design!

I also entered this in the CAS-Friday challenge (to use a border punch)...I think it's Clean and Simple...don't you?

12 comments:

  1. Howdy from Central TX! I especially like the way the Howdy word was cut & the bandana on the horse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your day sounds so busy!! with fun thrown in with the grandbabys. Love your work whether new or not I enjoy reading your blog.
    Have a great day, oh I have no idea what fallutin means but chuckled at the use of it.
    Hugs,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the invitation - it is one of the best I've seen - and the picture of AG - well you know how I feel about that little whippersnapper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooooo CUTE!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    hugs
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card looks fantastic and love the pic of your little cowboy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute! :)
    Scrolled down your blog and was blown away by the beautiful pics of the new baby! Mindblowing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute is that! Love the embossed horse! Such a sweet picture of AG!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a fun card...another favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is way to cute! As is your AG! Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohh cute card! And baby too! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!