Thursday, June 2, 2011

Cricut Challenge: #6 Birthday Bash

I am continuing on my personal challenge to use EVERY single Cricut cartridge I own in a project....Still in the B's...but this is #6...I only have about 75 more to go!  (and I amended my challenge to exclude font only cartridges because a font is a font is a font....and because it's my challenge and I can make and change the rules as I go!)

So...without further ado.. here is my project for today made with the Birthday Bash cartridge:

Birthday Bash is another newer cartridge from Provocraft for the Cricut.  It has some very cute and happy little images like this little bird above...there are other cute animals, birthday cakes, balloons, cards, and more.  The features include several layers, some cards, some word art, etc. 
Cricut Cartridge Birthday Bash

One thing I noticed when I adhered the layers for the little bird image above is that they didn't always fit exactly right and sometimes I had to do a little trimming so that the layers underneath did not show.  No biggie...but usually the images from most of the cartridges I've worked with seem to fit well. 

The patterned paper is from Cosmo Cricket and is a mini deck called DeLovely.  This deck is made up of really fun and vibrant prints that you would expect from Cosmo Cricket.  I used the Happy Birthday embossing plate from Cuttlebug, a bit of ribbon from Paper Trey Ink, the tinsel wrap from Stampin' Up and some cardstock from Cooredinations.  I also used a Close to My Heart "Happy Birthday" sentiment.  I used some Bazzill bling for the little eyes of the birdie...

I rarely make square cards because I am too cheap to mail those due to the required extra postage...but this one I'll be hand delivering to my daughter on Friday for her birthday!

I think this is a great cartridge to have with lots of verstality and this was one I've had for a little while and done nothing with it! 

The next cartridge I'll be using will be Boys Will Be Boys...So, stay tuned!!!

5 comments:

  1. Very cute...
    Have a great day.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card and a great personal challenge. I have many cartridges I have never used as well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute, especially like the colors of the paper you used, your daughter will like it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card, and like your challenge idea. As I am still new and only have 3 cartridges I think I will go through them and try something every week. Warm wishes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute BD card, love your choice of papers! Thanks so much for the sweet comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!