Thursday, June 23, 2011

Cricut Challenge 9: Cindy Loo

When the Cindy Loo cartridge first came out I just HAD TO HAVE IT!  I actually have used it already...on a scrapbook layout I completed a few months back...but I've only used it once or twice to date.  One good thing about this challenge for me is it makes me really sit down with the handbook and look at the different items and features. Cindy Loo is a great cartridge that has some really cute flourishes and filligrees, frames, borders and fonts.  I decided to make 2 cards with it.  The first one I did shown here
was done with the flower image on page 52 of the Handbook.  I cut out all pieces at 3 1/2 inches ...there are 5 different layers done with 4 different feature keys.  (I actually used my Gypsy with my Expression 2 and it worked just fine!) I spritzed the flowers with water, crumpled them up and left them to dry.  Once dry I painted then with the Ranger Ink Distress Crackle Paint Clear Rock Candy to give it a little sheen
Distress Crackle Paint 1.1-Ounce Jar-Rock Candy, Clear
and let that dry.  I layered the flowers and put big piece of Teresa Collins bling in the center.  The papers I used were from the Cosmo Cricket DeLovely 6x6 pad
Borders Delovely Collection Paper (Cosmo Cricket)
 as well as some stock cardstock I had around.  I cut the really cute scalloped edge with a Paper Trey Ink Edgers die ( am crazy about that die...works so well and leaves such a beautifully shaped edge).  I used a little Zing bright yellow-green (or is it green-yellow?) Zing embossing powder for the sentiment (which was stamped with "hello" from the  PTI Mat Stack 3 collection).  The yellow grosgrain ribbon is from Stampin' Up.
Such a happy card!

The second card I made was done with Crate Paper Portrait papers. 
Portrait Collection 6X6 Paper Pad (Crate Paper)

I used one of the fancy filigree cuts (the one I used is on page 30).  And here it is:

I tied some ribbon through the center of the layered filigree and placed the image on a rectangle of kraft paper which had been run through a paper crimper.
I added some inking and some crystals and that was it!
Easy Peasy!

Hope you have a wonderful crafting day!

8 comments:

  1. OMG now I have to have the Cindy loo Cartridge.. :)
    Great cards, you have been busy.
    Have a wonderful day.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards- Love the filigree and how you put the ribbon through it- great idea! TFS! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, your cards are amazing. I love them both. I love the colors on the first one, but the second one is gorgeous. Love the ribbon you put through the flourish.
    I just became a follower of your blog.
    Thanks for joining mine. I hope we could both pick up things from one another to continue being inspired to create. I love this hobby

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love all these cards...especially the first! I like how the different patterns look together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're back in the crafty swing of things with these cards. Especially like the layering on the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your cards, that scroll is quite amazing,Did you cut it in 2 parts and then put it on the card together. Sorry, new to this so just asking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The scroll or filligree is actually in 3 parts...the base which was a dark brown and then the green and yellow prints. You can only see the base peeking through. Thanks for the question Ursula. I'll stop by your blog and answer there, too in case you don't see this here.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!