Friday, June 24, 2011

Cricut Challenge 10: Country Life

I LOVE THIS CARD!  You know how it is...sometimes you just make something and just love it!  I loved this finished card so much that when I showed it to my husband I asked him if I should just send it to him so that we could keep it in the family!!!  I have issues...I know...I know...


Today's cartridge is the really cute Country Life.  The more I look at it the more I see some really cute things on this cartridge.  First of all there are some really cute country images...farmers, farm animals, foods, vintage looking images, as well as a great fonts, a banner and other nice features. 
I did another card from this cartridge back in April....you can see it here if you'd like.
For this SEW SWEET card I used papers from DCWV Linen Closet (including the cardstock stack)
DCWV PS-005-00081 12 by 12 Linen Premium Stack GLTRDCWV PS-005-00082 12 by 12 Linen Solid Stack

and a sheet of chocolate brown cardstock I happened to have on hand.  I always love when I can find things to use I have on hand! 
I used my Gypsy and my Expression 2 and cut all images and layers at 4 inches (this card is actually a 5x7 card).  It assembled nicely...I just used my Zig 2 Way glue pen (the greatest)
EK ZIG MSB/15 Carded Zig 2-Way Chisel Glue Pen and all those little babies just adhered nicely!
The measuring tape and the Sew Sweet sentiment are Unity Stamps (love that brand...those stamps are such great quality!)...and are cobranded stamps with Cosmo Cricket and are from the Material Girl sets.  The top label is an EK Success punch and the label that I used as a mat is the Fillable Frame Die from Paper Trey Ink.
I added some metal flat head beads and did a little pen work on the sewing machine as well as a little dark brown satin ribbon I picked up at JoAnn, etc.
and that's it.  It really is SEW cute!  I don't think the picture does it justice but trust me....it is adorable if I say so myself.   Don't you just love that vintage sewing machine?  It reminds me of my grandmother.... :)

Happy Crafting!


7 comments:

  1. OMG I love this card, and I have that cart so I can make one too. Thanks for the inspiration. OMG I have that paper too. LOL maybe I should make you one so you have it, and you can send yours to me :)
    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card too! It looks awesome and so detailed. The papers are perfect! TFS!
    :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sew Bee-utiful! If we all get together & make one (but I do not have that paper stack) we could have a sew swap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it!! Reminds me of my Mom's old sewing machine when I was little. I nee to add that cartridge to my list, which is just getting longer and longer. Susan thanks for giving me the details of how you cut that scroll. Have a great weekend. How's the little NBG doing?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this card too! It's brilliant! That's so cool that you are my 100th follower! If you would like to pick something out of our digital stamp shop Bows and Berries and I will send it to you. Just email me your pick to bosenberries@gmail.com if you are into that kind of thing?
    Cheers Robin

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is definitely one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!