Thursday, June 30, 2011

Summer Card Camp 2011: Week 1: Card 2

In the Summer Card Camp 2011 we also learned a cool technique to make a window card with acetate.  Jennifer McGuire did a really pretty one for a demonstration.  And here is mine:


I had seen a card where the window was off center and that appealed to me as a something different for me to try.  Jennifer used acetate on hers to make a window but I didn't want that affect for this card so left it off.  I've done that before, though...and stamped on the acetate which is fun to do, too.

I love that Cricut has many window cards on various cartridges and I make them often.  This time however I did it a different way using the Nestabilities Scalloped Circle and my Cuttlebug.  I thought it would be easy to cut out...well, I should have done a regular circle...the scallop was actually difficult to line up and I sort of went through a few sheets of white paper...and a few scrap pieces of my pretty printed papers. But it finally worked and I got it done!

Besides the Nestabilities I used Doodlebug Petite Prints, Bazzill cardstock and BoBunny Punch Dot papers.  I am not sure what the cute stamp set I used is from but I think it's an Itty Bitty set from Unity Stamps...I know it is made by Unity Stamps but I'm not sure what the name of it is. I recently purchased Gazpacho Soup by Unity from Crafty Steals and this came with it but was packaged separately.  Anyway, it's a cute bathing suit and fun sentiment and it's what I chose to use.
I also used some Offray ribbon and a Hero Arts Gem.  I used Stampin' Up Markers and ink as well.  All the challenge colors are there...the inside is actually lined with the sky blue print and the sentiment is mounted with purple.  It's all there...I promise! 
It was fun...but again...it took me much longer than I thought it would.  I think I might do a few more of these but use the smooth edged circle to speed things up.  There is probably a simple way to using the scalloped die...I just couldn't figure it out! :)

Happy Crafting!


6 comments:

  1. What a pleasure to reconnect! I really enjoyed looking through your blog! Nice design and easy to read.

    As you can see, I just started blogging again this past week with a new blog. So if any of your viewers would take a peak at mine and toss out a few tips, I would love it...

    BTW... I am working with paper via layers now and learning a lot about scrap booking.

    Also noted a few of our mutual friends from years past follow your blog.... Send them my way too. Again so nice to see your name and work again..

    LAZ

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your wonderful cards, and thanks for inviting me to share your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute and great use of the off center window. I was thinking about doing that card class but didn't. I'm debating the Amuse road trip one in Kennesaw in August (I think)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Especially like the gem on the bathing suit. Betcha I could fit into that bathing suit. Cool to see LAZ from Shuttercal commented. I need to ck out her blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!