Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Summer Card Camp 2011: Week 1: Card 1

As the little graphic above suggests...I am participating in a Summer Card Class taught by Kristina Werner and Jennifer McGuire.  Our color palette for week 1 is shown above...a purple, a pink, a sky blue, an orange and a white.  I love these very summery colors and thought it would be fun to come up with something.

OK...changing the subject sort of...when I see the colors on my computer they look one way...when I print them out they look another way...and when I viewed them on my iPhone they looked yet another shade of those colors!  That was a bit aggravating so really, when I chose my papers and pretty things I wanted to use I just went with the colors as I thought they were supposed to be.  So if they look off...well, that's just the way they are! :)

Anyway, here's my card:


I don't ordinarily stamp and color...just not usually my thing but I bought some Gamsol (odorless mineral spirits and a blending stub) a couple of months back and thought it would be fun to color.  Well, great...I could find the Gamsol but I couldn't find the colored pencils I wanted to use.  I found watercolor pencil after watercolor pencil but couldn't find the regular pencils I know I have!  Oh well...I pulled out the zillions of markers I have and stamped this cute little girl image.  I colored her in, added some Glossy Accents to the flowers and her bows and FOR ONCE I did not touch it before it was dry.  I usually cannot resist touching it to check it and of course I end up with a huge mess!

I used pink and purple Bazzill papers (including the pink Double Dot paper), white cardstock, a strip of blue that was colored with a marker and run through a crimper. 

Besides the Bazzill paper I used:
Stampendous Cling Posie Picker Set (Stamp)
VersaFine ink (onyx)
Glossy Accents
Stampin' Up Grosgrain Ribbon
Stampin' Up Border Punch
Stampin' Up Writer Pens
American Craft Stamp Markers
Fiskars Crimper
Glue Dots, Zig 2 Way Glue, and my ATG adhesive.

And the colors are pinker and purpler than they look in the photo.  It was fun to do!

6 comments:

  1. Like the way you colored, the ribbons & arrangement of your card. Tried my hand at coloring yesterday and not so good. I think your granddaughter was an inspiration for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I like how you used the border and the ribbons- and your coloring is great! Nothing ever photographs for me the way it actually looks in person...so your not alone :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. how cute! I love the glossy accents on the flowers - way to add some extra shine :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cute... I love the colors... great job.
    Have a wonderful evening.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this card! Love the stamp - she is SOOOOO cute! It is really a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Susan! I am also a fellow camper, and thank you for leaving such a sweet comment on my blog! I love that cute image you stamped! She is totally delightful! Really cute card, gamsol or no gamsol!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!